Here at Portable...
We are a design and technology company that cares about people and the world. We seek out areas of social need and policy failure and make transformational change using design and technology. Our clients and partners are as passionate as we are and are working in government agencies and nonprofit organisations. Our job is to help them define, design and deliver new products, services and ways of working.
There are currently 60+ of us working as researchers, strategists, designers, developers, producers and visionaries towards our mission from our office in Collingwood and working remotely from home.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital Producer to join our Production team to help manage the technical support and ongoing retainer activities for our existing clients’ products/platforms and help to onboard new ones. As the central contact for all your clients’ support related issues, you directly manage developer(s) in our team to ensure that all products are serviced, monitored, maintained and reported on throughout the year.
Then there's you…
Organisation and structure is your thing. You excel at prioritisation and love nothing more than to get all the ducks in a row and to help plan enhancements, maintenance or resolve issues that may arise for your clients. You understand that things don’t always go according to plan and sometimes issues might arise, but you’re a problem solver, clear communicator, quick to act and you know when to get support from seniors and leads to manage and guide teams through the resolution of complex issues. You are a keen collaborator but take accountability of your outcomes, and do what it takes to meet the highest quality standards – both the client’s and your own. With one eye on quality and timings, the other is on the bottom line and you’re able to deliver on budget every time.
You’re a people person too. You like to bring everyone along and include them in the plan. You have an understanding of what other people need, and you’re motivated to help find solutions. You’re pragmatic enough to know that nobody gets everything they want all the time — you’re able to compromise and find the best solution (even when it’s not perfect).
You could be one if...
You’ve worked in a similar role, in a similar sized agency (we are 60+ staff). You have an understanding of the language and culture of design and technical delivery and the processes and tools involved. You have experience running projects or retainer activities and are proficient at communicating, prioritising and working with clients and our internal team to find efficient solutions.
If you were here this week, you would have:
- Received a ticket through our client Support email, assessed its impact level, and communicated to the client our next steps and timeline for resolution
- Investigated and replicated a technical issue being experienced to give further clarification to the development team for their own investigation
- Completed a monthly report for your clients articulating performance, a breakdown of how the previous month's hours were used, recommendations for next month’s budget usage or insights on how to resolve commonly occurring issues
- Supported the Business Development team to create a new Service Level Agreement for one of our clients detailing the service scope and availability and guided their transition from project to support
- Planned maintenance work with the development team for an application you manage and communicated the importance to the client
- Proactively review data, analytics and other inputs to put forward some ideas and discuss a solution with the team that will to resolve a commonly reported issue
- Attended the weekly resourcing meeting contributing to ensuring your projects have the people they need to succeed
- Learned about a new tool we are implementing at our weekly production team meeting
- Set up an internal meeting with your lead to problem solve a risk on your project and involve stakeholders in the decision
In this role, you’ll work to deliver upon the following key outcomes:
- On time and in scope delivery of high quality work, with support from Seniors and Leads when needed
- Proactive identification of risks and personal knowledge gaps, and participation in solving the problems and developing capability
- Valuable contribution to project rituals (e.g. retros)
- Positive contribution to discipline improvements, as guided by Leads and Seniors
- Contribution to tenders, marketing material and business operations (e.g. recruitment)
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role
- A maturing knowledge of digital and agency project production, including a broad knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working in a similar ‘agency side’ environment with a range of client types and project sizes
- A vision of the world that aligns with our own, with experience and evidence of this in action
The salary range for this role is between $70,000 - $95,000 per annum plus super, depending on your level of experience. We are committed to building a diverse and equal team and people from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
- We care about the experience and wellbeing of our team. Here are some of the benefits our team enjoys:
- We support a flexible working environment whether its from home or the office or a cafe
- We're a family-friendly company who offer parental leave and part-time arrangements to allow for things like pick-ups and drop-offs or sick children
- A feedback-friendly culture, where we make space for open and respectful sharing of feedback that helps us grow
- We support our team taking mental health days as personal leave that they don’t need to explain or have a medical certificate for
- Employee Assistance Program with The Mindroom for general wellbeing check-ins, assistance with career planning, or working through difficult or challenging circumstances
- Twice-yearly salary reviews with no minimum service period
- Our team can grow their career with our structured career pathways, generous professional development allowance and hands-on learning opportunities
- Indigenous cultural awareness training for our entire team
- We work on meaningful projects that seek to have a positive impact in the world
- Referral programs in place that can earn team members $1500 per successful referral
How to apply:
To be considered, please send us your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Tell us about 3 different rituals, processes or meetings that you’ve used in the past to help your project teams to deliver.
- Explain your understanding of agile methodology and waterfall methodology? Give an example of when you have used one of these methodologies.
- Thinking about one of the bigger projects you’ve managed. Can you tell us about the challenges and risks you faced and how you handled them?