This role is available to applicants in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
Here at Portable...
We are a design and technology company that cares about people and the world. We seek out areas of social need and policy failure and make transformational change using design and technology. Our clients and partners are as passionate as we are and are working in top government agencies and nonprofit organisations across the country. Our job is to help them define, design and deliver new products, services and ways of working.
There are currently 65+ of us working as researchers, strategists, designers, developers, producers and visionaries towards our mission from our office in Collingwood and working remotely across the country. We’re a progressive organisation, we’re growing and we’re seeking people to help us on creating our vision of world.
Then there's you...
A Senior Marketing Manager who helps to develop and execute our marketing strategies, support a marketing oriented culture across the business and drive awareness and engagement of our impact to the wider market, as well as to our partners and clients. You’ll work within our business affairs unit with six other people to deepen awareness across our target customers and support new and existing business through a range of engagement activities, that include digital automations, online campaigns, physical and virtual events and content. Reporting directly with the Head of Business Development, with a dotted line to the CEO, you’ll work across our departments, connecting with our technology, design and production teams to understand our capability, processes and work in order to communicate and amplify our impact across our target impact areas in the sector. You will have this innate ability to be able to understand and translate service offerings into well crafted stories that resonate with people. This is all underpinned by having a deep understanding of our mission, vision and impact areas and leverage that to create new opportunities for our team to nurture and convert into new partnerships and customers.
You could be one if...
Marketing, communications and driving impact through your work is your thing. You are a natural storyteller with robust communication skills, particularly in writing and public relations. You have solid experience in thinking holistically about a company, its growth and how core services can be described, shared and converted into leads and new business. The idea of creating and measuring digital campaigns and activities across a range of markets energises you, along with the opportunity to drive conversations about design, technology and social justice. You may be working in another agency or on the client side: either way, you get excited understanding a company’s distinct language and culture and translating that to the wider world (and into leads). You are also interested in the people side of the role, so you get energised by growing and developing people who are learning in the marketing space.
If you were here last week you would have...
- Met on Monday with the entire business team and updating them on marketing activities and conversions from the previous week
- Worked on establishing a new digital campaign around an upcoming event for the design team, which involved planning sessions with members of the user experience team
- Managed a paid search campaigned on LinkedIn, including updating spend and new assets and preparing results for the next business meeting
- Executed our bi-weekly EDM including coordinating people and content from across the business to activate leads in our community
- Prepared for the next marketing strategy catch up, including designing the workshop presentation, engaging leaders from across the business
- Attended Design Safari to understand the learnings of a recent project from the design team.
- Consistent, independent, timely and on budget delivery of high quality marketing campaigns and activities across the company
- Strong relationships are built and maintained with marketing and delivery partners, including internal team members
- Contribution to development and execution of the company’s marketing strategy and other related strategies
- People in the business are supported in managing and delivering their work
- New colleagues in the discipline are onboarded and inducted successfully
- Knowledge has been shared and applied in order to improve the discipline, and to help colleagues learn and develop
- You make significant contribution to tenders and business operations (e.g. recruitment)
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- 5 years experience in a similar role at a similar level
- Demonstrated success in executing marketing activities for a similar company
- An in-depth knowledge of digital and agency project production, including design and technology
- Some formal leadership experience or training (desirable)
- Subject matter expertise in one of our impact areas: justice, mental health, death and ageing, education and environment
The salary range for this role is between $100,000 - $130,000 plus super, depending on your level of experience. We are committed to building a diverse and equal team, which is supported by a range of activities at Portable to make our workplace a great one for people from traditionally underrepresented groups. In other words, if you have a diverse background, we want you.
How to apply:
To be considered, please send us your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Describe how you’ve been able to successfully grow an account over time
- Tell us about the most difficult client or stakeholder problem you’ve solved. What happened, and what did you do about it? What made it so hard?